ICE3028: Embedded Systems Design (Spring 2012)
- Introduction to Solid State Drives (SSDs)
- ARM Information Center
- Selected papers on FTLs
- M.-L. Chiang, P. C. H. Lee, and R.-C. Chang, "Using Data Clustering to Improve Cleaning Performance for Flash Memory," Software - Practice and Experience, Vol. 29, No. 3, 1999.
- J. Kim, J. M. Kim, S. Noh, S. L. Min, and Y. Cho, "A Space-efficient Flash Translation Layer for CompactFlash Systems," IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 48, No. 2, pp.366-375, 2002.
- S.-W. Lee, D.-J. Park, T.-S. Chung, D.-H. Park, .-J. Song, "A Log-buffer based Flash Translation Layer using Fully-Associative Sector Translation," ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, Vol. 6, No. 3, 2007.
- D. Jung, J.-U. Kang, H. Jo, J.-S. Kim, and J. Lee, "Superblock FTL: A Superblock-based Flash Translation Layer with a Hybrid Address Translation Scheme," ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, Vol. 9, No. 4, 2010.
- S. Lee, D. Shin, Y.-J. Kim, and J. Kim, "LAST: Locality-aware Sector Translation for NAND Flash Memory-based Storage Systems," Proc. of the 1st International Workshop on Storage and I/O Virtualization, Performance, Energy, Evaluation and Dependability (SPEED08), pp.36-42, 2008.
- Y.-G. Lee, D. Jung, D. Kang, and J.-S. Kim, "μ-FTL: A Memory-Efficient Flash Translation Layer Supporting Multiple Mapping Granularities," Proceedings of the 8th Annual ACM Conference on Embedded Software, 2008.
- A. Gupta, Y. Kim, and B. Urgaonkar, "DFTL: A Flash Translation Layer Employing Demand-based Selective Caching of Page-level Address Mappings," Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS), 2009.
- H. Kwon, E. Kim, J. Choi, D. Lee, and Sam H. Noh, "Janus-FTL: Finding the Optimal Point on the Spectrum between Page and Block Mapping Schemes," Proceedings of the 10th ACM Conference on Embedded Software, 2010.
- F. Chen, T. Luo, and X. Zhang, "CAFTL: A Content-Aware Flash Translation Layer Enhancing the Lifespan of Flash Memory based Solid State Drives," Proceedings of the 9th USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies (FAST), 2011.