|| 13:30 - 14:45 (Monday)|
12:00 - 13:15 (Wednesday)
|| Lecture room #400112, Semiconductor Bldg.
|| Jin-Soo Kim |
Computer Systems Laboratory
| This course covers topics on general operating system concepts such as process management, memory management, I/O systems, and file systems, with the in-depth study on the latest Linux operating system. In addition, students are required to perform several hands-on projects with the xv6 instructional OS.
- Avi Silberschatz, Peter B. Galvin, and Greg Gagne, Operating System Concepts, 9th Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2012.
- Andrew S. Tanenbaum, Modern Operating Systems, 2nd Edition, Prentice-Hall, Inc. 2001.
- Daniel P. Bovet and Marco Cesati, Understanding the Linux Kernel, Third Edition, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. 2005.
- Mark E. Russinovich, David A. Solomon, and Alex Ionescu, Windows Internals, Sixth Edition, Microsoft Press, 2012.
- Richard McDougall and Jim Mauro, Solaris Internals, Second Edition, Sun Microsystems, Inc. 2006.
- Randal E. Bryant and David R. O'Hallaron, Computer Systems: A Programmer's Perspective, Third Edition, Pearson Education, Inc., 2015.
- SWE2001: System Program
(or CSE2003: System programming)
- ICE3003: Computer Architecture (Recommended)
|| (Subject to change)
- Class attendance: 10%
- Projects: 55%
- Exams: 35%
| Teaching Assistants:
- Kisik Jeong (kisik.jeong at csl.skku.edu)