|| 16:30 - 17:45 (Tuesday) and 15:00 - 16:15 (Thursday)
|| Lecture room #26108 (located on 1st floor of Engineering Bldg. II)
|| Euiseong Seo |
Computer Systems Laboratory
| This course covers topics on general operating system concepts such as process management, memory management, I/O systems, and file systems, with the in-depth study on the latest Linux operating system. In addition, students are required to perform several hands-on projects with the Pintos instructional OS.
- Andrew S. Tanenbaum, Modern Operating Systems, 4th Edition, Prentice-Hall, Inc. 2014.
- Daniel P. Bovet and Marco Cesati, Understanding the Linux Kernel, Third Edition, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. 2008.
- Mark E. Russinovich, David A. Solomon, and Alex Ionescu, Windows Internals, 7th Edition, Microsoft Press, 2017.
- Richard McDougall and Jim Mauro, Solaris Internals, Second Edition, Sun Microsystems, Inc. 2007.
- Randal E. Bryant and David R. O'Hallaron, Computer Systems: A Programmer's Perspective, Third Edition, Pearson Education, Inc., 2011.
|| (Subject to change)
- Class attendance: 10%
- Projects: 45%
- Project 0: 5%
- Project 1: 10%
- Project 2: 15%
- Project 3: 15%
- Project 4: 10%
- Project 5: 15%
- Project 6: 15%
- Project 7: 15%
- Exams: 45%
| Teaching Assistants:
- E-Mail: ks77sj at gmail.com
- E-Mail: gmj03003 at gmail.com